We’ve been supporting the wellbeing of Australians for 180 years, which is why we’ve put in place a range of measures to assist our employees, members, customers and communities affected by the devastating bushfires.
We’ve also donated $100,000 to the relief and recovery efforts lead by the Australian Red Cross and will be matching contributions made by our 7000-plus employees dollar-for-dollar to Red Cross and a number of organisations supporting wildlife and the environment.
As well as its donation to Red Cross, Australian Unity has introduced measures to support members, customers and employees affected by the fires, including:
- Premium relief and prioritisation of claim payments for eligible health insurance customers.
- A financial relief package for eligible banking customers that includes the option to pause repayments on loans and credit cards for up to three months, as well as temporary loan interest rate relief for customers experiencing extreme financial distress.
- Wellbeing checks on home care and disability customers in regions affected by the fires.
- Distribution of care packages to displaced Aboriginal Home Care customers containing essential personal care items and/or vouchers.
- Emergency relief packages for Australian Unity employees affected by the fires.
- Special leave arrangements for employees who are emergency volunteers or Defence reservists.
Our thoughts are with everyone impacted and we thank the emergency services and volunteers for their tireless work protecting the community.
If you’re a member or customer who is affected, you can contact us as follows:
Private health insurance:
Contact our dedicated support team on 1800 517 259
For more information: https://www.australianunity.com.au/bushfires-relief
Contact our dedicated support team on 1300 412 356 or email@example.com
For more information: https://www.australianunity.com.au/banking/bushfires-financial-relief
Allianz customers: 1300 130 935, select option 5
QBE customers: 1300 028 830, select option 3
Home and Disability Services: Contact your local branch or phone 1300 160 170
Aboriginal Home Care: Contact your local branch or phone 1300 160 170
Retirement Communities and Residential Aged Care: Please contact your local Village Manager or General Manager, or call us on 1300 160 170
Trustees: 1800 87 87 83
Investors with Australian Unity adviser: 1300 700 189
Australian Unity advisers: 1800 649 033
Investments, Property, Life, Super, Trustees, Financial Advice: 1300 668 233