What is it?
Get your shots before you fly.
International travel is a fantastic thing for your body, mind and spirit. But visiting some countries can present serious health risks.
We’ll help you travel safely with a percentage benefit from 80% to 100% (up to your yearly limit) for travel vaccinations supplied and administered in Australia.
How does it work?
Make sure an avoidable illness doesn’t ruin your trip, get vaccinated and we’ll help you out by giving you some money back to help cover the costs.
It is important that you discuss your travel plans with a health professional so they can determine the correct vaccinations for your trip and any booster doses of childhood vaccinations that may be necessary.
Make an appointment with your GP or travel clinic for at least 6-8 weeks before you are due to depart, to discuss your vaccination needs.
Are you eligible?
To access Travel Vaccinations required to prevent illness while overseas in some countries, you need to
- hold an appropriate level of private hospital cover with Australian Unity
- Or, hold an appropriate level of extras cover with Australian Unity
- no waiting periods apply
How to claim
Once you’re ready to claim just send a copy of the prescription for your travel vaccinations and your receipt for your paid account with a completed claim form.
- Complete a health cover claim form
- Send the completed form with copies of your receipt and prescription, to Australian Unity (you’ll find our full contact details on the claim form).
Note that vaccinations must be supplied and administered in Australia.
- check your fact sheet or contact Australian Unity on 13 29 39 to find out how much you can claim each calendar year
- a copy of your prescription is required when claiming
- a copy of your receipt is required when claiming