As the situation with COVID-19 in NSW grows more serious, we want to reassure you that we are doing everything we can to protect our Mob, particularly our Elders who we know may be feeling very vulnerable.
Five protection principles we’re using day-to-day
Our care workers are following five protection principles to ensure that services can be delivered as safely as possible. We are urging customers to follow these principles too.
- Stay home if you’re unwell and notify your branch
- Answer the pre-screening questions accurately ahead of each visit
- Apply social distancing, wherever possible
- Your care worker will wear PPE (Personal Protective Equipment), including a mask. We ask that you wear a mask too
- Practise good infection control by washing your hands regularly with soap and water
The importance of the pre-screening questions
Ahead of each service visit, our home care team will ask a series of questions to determine whether it’s safe to go ahead with the service. The questions include:
- Are you experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms?
- Are you, or someone you live with, isolating because of COVID-19?
- Are you, or someone you live with, awaiting COVID-19 test results?
- Have you, or someone you live with, travelled to a known COVID-19 exposure site or hotspot in the last 14 days?
- Have you, or someone you live with, knowingly breached public health orders or local restrictions?
It’s incredibly important that customers answer these questions accurately ahead of each visit, noting any details that may have changed since our last visit.
All Australian Unity frontline employees need to get their COVID-19 vaccinations to perform their roles from 31 December 2021
At Australian Unity we strongly believe that vaccination against COVID-19 is the best way to protect our vulnerable customers and our people who care for and support them.
That’s why we have made the significant decision to make vaccinations a condition of employment for all frontline employees as of 31 December 2021.
This health and safety initiative expands on government vaccination requirements that already apply to residential aged care workforce and NSW-based disability workers in local government areas of concern.
As a company committed to the wellbeing of all our employees, customers and the broader community, we believe that having a fully vaccinated workforce is the right thing to do. View more information.
We can help you
We have got a lot of different services that you might not have used before, like getting your shopping, making meals and helping you get in touch with people you might not be able to visit in person for the time being using different technology.
Please contact your Service Coordinator or local branch to discuss any extra help you might need.