COVID-19, also known as coronavirus, is top of mind for many of us now. Australian Unity is continuing to take this situation very seriously and understand that this period of uncertainty has a significant impact on our customers’ personal and financial wellbeing.
Being a bank for good means we are focused on listening to our customers’ needs and providing great products and services. But it also means understanding that life sometimes throws things at you and that your bank should be there to help you through those times.
To demonstrate our commitment to the wellbeing of our customers who are impacted by the current situation we have developed a range of financial assistance options which may include:
- The ability to temporarily pause repayments on loans, including credit cards
- Temporary interest rate relief on lending for customers experiencing financial distress
- Early access to term deposits without incurring any fees
Please click here for more FAQs on Australian Unity’s COVID-19 Financial Assistance Program
Customers are encouraged to contact us on 1300 790 740 (Monday to Friday 8:30am-5.30pm AEST/AEDT). Our team of Banking specialists are still here to help you, but you may experience longer than normal wait times in our contact centres and we appreciate your patience during these times. Alternatively, you can email us on firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss what assistance may be available for your particular circumstances.
Our online services are still fully operational, so we would encourage you to:
- Self-service via Australian Unity Mobile Banking App
- Login to or subscribe to Australian Unity Internet Banking to help you with things like checking your balance and statements and to make a funds transfer.
- Looking for a home loan? You can also apply for a home loan through our dedicated home loan specialists 1800 288 300.
- Whether it’s a personal loan you need or a new credit card, it can all be done online at australianunity.com.au
- For all other banking FAQs click here
The Australian Government has released the COVIDSafe app to speed up the process of contacting people exposed to COVID-19. Australian Unity is encouraging its employees, customers and the community to help slow the spread of COVID-19 by downloading the app. To find out more about the COVIDSafe app and how to download it, visit the Department of Health website.
For more information about COVID-19, please use these government resources:
Please visit our ‘support for life moments’ site which has more information about other financial assistance support services.