HealthierMe is a telephone-based support service that provides our members with personalised health coaching aimed at preventing, or helping them cope with, long-term health conditions.
Members work with their personal health coach, a qualified health professional, over an extended period, up to 2 years, to meet personally identified health goals.
How does the HealthierMe program work?
HealthierMe has a variety of levels allowing flexible offerings which can be tailored to members specific needs. Modules include:
- Managing symptoms and triggers of long term conditions such as heart failure, diabetes and COPD;
- Understanding your condition;
- Managing medications;
- Managing risk factors;
- Maintaining quality in family and social life;
- Navigating health and community services;
- Managing mood and stress – including screening and referral to MindStep where appropriate;
- Sustaining lifestyle and behavioural change;
Are you eligible for a HealthierMe program?
To access a HealthierMe program, you need to
hold an appropriate level of hospital cover with Australian Unity
have held that level of cover for at least 12 months
be living independently in your own home
at risk of or managing a long-term health condition(s)
have an identifiable health goal that can be addressed through coaching