Safeguarding your information at Australian Unity
At Australian Unity, keeping your accounts and personal information secure is our priority.
Australian Unity is aware that Optus is investigating the possible unauthorised access of current and former customers’ information. Optus has advised that certain information has potentially been exposed. More information is available on the Optus website.
While Australian Unity’s systems have not been compromised nor impacted, monitoring as part of our ongoing fraud and security measures remains our focus.
These ongoing measures include our 24/7 proactive monitoring to identify potential fraudulent applications, transactions or activities; additional security checks for manual funds transfers; and robust identification verification processes when transacting over the phone.
Information about how you can protect your personal information is available on the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC) website. If you have concerns about your personal information with us or have noticed any unusual activity on your account or on your statements, please contact us immediately.
For Australian Unity Health Insurance customers, please call 13 29 39 (available Monday to Friday from 8.30am to 8.00pm AEST).
For other customers, including investors and members, please contact your Customer Service team.
Tips for keeping your information safe
We encourage our customers to be vigilant with their personal information and to take the following steps:
- Change your passwords used on your internet banking logins and consider additional identification features (including fingerprint or facial identification technology) available on your mobile device for banking.
- Contact us if you detect any unusual account activity and monitor your statements for any unauthorised transactions.
- Consider implementing additional security measures on your mobile phone, email and social media accounts.
- Be alert to any unsolicited or suspicious emails, text messages or phone calls from people requesting personal or account information, including access to your devices.
- Do not respond to any unsolicited or suspicious requests until you have made your own enquiries with the organisation they claim to be from.
About Australian Unity
Established in 1840, Australian Unity is a member-owned wellbeing company with more than 385,000 members and more than 700,000 customers. Our range of health, wealth and care products and services provides member, customer and community value that is supportive of personal and community wellbeing.