Zucchini, Corn and Feta Fritters with Smoked Salmon
Recipe courtesy of the Dairy Kitchen.
- 1/2 cup Australian cottage cheese
- 50g Australian reduced fat feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 cup fresh wholegrain breadcrumbs
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 medium zucchini, grated
- 3/4 cup (1 cob) fresh corn kernels
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped mint
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup reduced fat natural yogurt
- 75g smoked salmon
- 1 cup salad greens, for serving
- 4 small slices wholegrain baguette, for serving
- 4 lemon wedges, for serving
- Combine cheeses, breadcrumbs, egg, zucchini, corn, mint and pepper in a bowl.
- Shape the mixture into 8 small patties and place on a baking paper lined oven tray. Bake at 200°C fan forced for 25-30 minutes or until cooked and golden.
- Place two fritters on each serving plate, dollop with yogurt, drape with smoked salmon and serve with salad, bread and lemon wedges.
These fritters will keep refrigerated for 2-3 days. Refresh by briefly toasting in a sandwich press or warm in a microwave. Serve as a snack with a yogurt dipping sauce.
Information provided in this article is not medical advice and you should consult with your healthcare practitioner. Australian Unity accepts no responsibility for the accuracy of any of the opinions, advice, representations or information contained in this publication. Readers should rely on their own advice and enquiries in making decisions affecting their own health, wellbeing or interest.