This is one of Dan Churchill's favourites – nourishing comfort food that provides amazing slow-releasing energy.
- 2 tbsp olive or macadamia oil
- 1 large sweet potato, cut into 1/2cm thick discs
- 200g ricotta
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 3 lean bacon rashes, roughly chopped
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- A pinch of a salt
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- On a high heat, add the oil to a roasting tray and cook the sweet potato for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown, agitating the pan every so often to get colour all over. Remove potato and set aside.
- In the same pan, cook the bacon for 2-3 minutes or until golden.
- Combine the ricotta, nutmeg and coconut milk in a bowl.
- Add the sweet potato back into the pan then give it a quick stir to mix it through before adding in the coconut milk mix.
- Finish with a sprinkling of salt and cook for 20-25 mins in the oven.
Hungry for more great recipes from Dan Churchill? Head to danielchurchill.com.au
Information provided in this article is not medical advice and you should consult with your healthcare practitioner. Australian Unity accepts no responsibility for the accuracy of any of the opinions, advice, representations or information contained in this publication. Readers should rely on their own advice and enquiries in making decisions affecting their own health, wellbeing or interest.