Spicy lamb cutlets with cous cous salad
Recipe courtesy of the Heart Foundation. For more recipe ideas click here.
- 1½ teaspoons hot piri piri seasoning
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon rind
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 8 lean lamb cutlets, trimmed of all visible fat*
- Canola oil cooking spray*
- 1 cup couscous
- 1 cup frozen sliced green beans*
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 red capsicum, sliced
- 420g can four bean mix, drained, rinsed*
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil French vinaigrette*
*Products available with the Heart Foundation Tick. Remember all fresh fruit and vegetables automatically qualify for the Tick.
- Combine seasoning, lemon rind, lemon juice and garlic in a large, shallow, glass or ceramic dish. Add lamb. Turn to coat. Refrigerate covered, for 15 minutes if time permits.
- Spray a barbecue plate or chargrill with oil. Heat to medium-high. Cook lamb for 4 minutes each side for medium or until cooked to your liking. Remove to a plate. Cover with foil and set aside for 2 minutes.
- To make couscous salad, place couscous and green beans in a heatproof bowl. Add boiling water. Cover and stand for 5 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Stir with a fork to separate grains. Add onion, capsicum, four bean mix and vinaigrette. Season with pepper. Toss to combine. Serve lamb with couscous salad.
Information provided in this article is not medical advice and you should consult with your healthcare practitioner. Australian Unity accepts no responsibility for the accuracy of any of the opinions, advice, representations or information contained in this publication. Readers should rely on their own advice and enquiries in making decisions affecting their own health, wellbeing or interest.