Ricotta and banana wraps with warm honey
- 100g reduced fat smooth Australian ricotta
- 1 banana, chopped
- 2 teaspoons currants
- ½ teaspoon mixed spice
- 1 large piece wholemeal lavash or mountain bread, halved
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- Combine ricotta, banana, currants and half of the mixed spice in a bowl.
- Spread ricotta mixture over the first third of the bread, across the shorter end. Fold over until enclosed.
- Place wrap into a non-stick frying pan or into a flat sandwich press and cook until golden on both sides and heated through.
- Place remaining mixed spice and the cinnamon into frying pan and heat gently until just fragrant. Add honey to pan until warmed through. Serve poured over wraps.
Nutritional information: Energy: 1050kJ; Total sugars: 24g; Protein: 9g; Sodium: 254mg; Calcium: 144mg; Total fat: 5.2g; Saturated fat: 3g; Iron: 1mg; Carbohydrate: 41g; Fibre: 4g
Recipe and image courtesy of The Dairy Kitchen at Dairy Australia. Visit dairyaustralia.com.au/recipes for more delicious recipes and dairy tips.