2 cups of Almond Flour, plus extra for dusting
Pinch of Salt
1 Egg, Whisked
1/4 cup Shredded Coconut
2 Tbsp Butter (Grass Fed) or Coconut oil (melted but not piercing hot)
- 1 Cup Coconut Flour
- Pinch of Salt
- 1 tsp of Cinnamon
- 2/3 Cup Maple Syrup
- 3 Tbsp Grass Fed Butter, Melted
- 1 Tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 Eggs, Whisked
- 1/4 Cup Frozen Blueberries
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Sugar (optional)
- Preheat oven to 190 degrees (375 F)
- In a bowl combine your flour salt and coconut with your butter/oil and whisked egg. Once it forms a dough (you may need to add a little water depending on the humidity) like consistency, kneed with your hands for a few minutes until smooth and flatter into a disk using extra flour and a rolling pin. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 15 minutes to firm up. If you leave for longer than 30 it will be tough to work with immediately so bring it to room temperature first.
- Roll out on a surface and then press to the bottom of a 23cm (9 inch) pie tin, getting into the corners.. don't be afraid if it starts to crumble just use your hands to press it back in :) Prick the base with a fork and then pop in the oven for 10 minutes or till slightly golden.
- For the filling In a large bowl combine the dry ingredients, in another bowl mix the wet ingredients. Add wet mix to dry and pour into tart tin. Push in Blueberries and bake for 45 minutes.
If you are feeling extra epic add a sprinkling of coconut sugar, turn the oven to broil (grill) and cook until sugar turns golden
Information provided in this article is not medical advice and you should consult with your healthcare practitioner. Australian Unity accepts no responsibility for the accuracy of any of the opinions, advice, representations or information contained in this publication. Readers should rely on their own advice and enquiries in making decisions affecting their own health, wellbeing or interest.