Chocolate Pots with Crushed Caramel Peanut Popcorn
Recipe courtesy of the Dairy Kitchen.
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- Cooking Time: 5 minutes
- 30g butter
- 1-1/2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 3 teaspoons honey
- 1 cup cooked natural popcorn
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped roasted peanuts
- 400g chocolate mousse
- Bring butter, sugar and honey to the boil in a heavy-based saucepan, stirring until the sugar has dissolved. Cook until mixture is golden in colour.
- Remove from heat and stir in the popcorn and peanuts. Spread onto a baking-paper lined tray and allow to set at room temperature. Roughly chop.
- Sprinkle half the popcorn into individual glasses or dishes and then top with mousse and remaining popcorn.
If you'd like to make your own mousse, try the recipe below from the Dairy Kitchen.
- 100g cooking chocolate
- 4 eggs, separated
- 300g Australian mascarpone cheese
- 2 tablespoons Kahlua (optional)
- Australian cream, whipped, for serving.
- Melt chocolate over simmering water or in microwave oven.
- Beat egg yolks with cheese and Kahlua until smooth. Then add chocolate and mix thoroughly.
- Whip egg whites until soft peaks form. Fold into cheese mixture.
- Spoon into serving dishes and refrigerate until set. Serve with whipped cream.
Information provided in this article is not medical advice and you should consult with your healthcare practitioner. Australian Unity accepts no responsibility for the accuracy of any of the opinions, advice, representations or information contained in this publication. Readers should rely on their own advice and enquiries in making decisions affecting their own health, wellbeing or interest.