For a great way to start your day this summer, why not whip up a cool, healthy and delicious chai smoothie? Celebrity chef Pete Evans provides his own recipe for you - full of spice, banana and coconut, it's sure to become a favourite.
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon of ground cardamom
- ½ teaspoon of ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon of fresh finely grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon licorice root powder
- 2 raw eggs
- 1 to 2 bananas (frozen into pieces, make sure you peel them before freezing)
- 1 tablespoon of raw honey or stevia
- 1 cup coconut water
- 1 cup coconut cream or coconut milk
Place everything into a blender and mix.
Serves 2 Information provided in this article is not medical advice and you should consult with your healthcare practitioner. Australian Unity accepts no responsibility for the accuracy of any of the opinions, advice, representations or information contained in this publication. Readers should rely on their own advice and enquiries in making decisions affecting their own health, wellbeing or interest.
Recipe and image courtesy of Chef Pete Evans peteevans.com.au