Sweet Potato Jackets
Ingredients (Serves 4)
4 medium sweet potatoes, spiked with fork
1 onion, sliced
2 tbsp olive oil
1 canned tomatoes, chopped
1 sprig of rosemary
Pinch of salt
Half handful of fresh Basil, sliced
1/2 cup coconut yoghurt
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
- Place sweet potatoes on a lined baking tray and cook for 30-40 minutes or until soft and juicy.
- For the sauce, caramelise your onion in the olive oil on medium heat for 7-9 minutes or until golden.
- Add in your tomatoes and rosemary and stir on high heat for 3-4 minutes or until all the liquid evaporates. Then sprinkle in your salt and fresh basil and stir for a further minute
- To serve spoon a portion of the sauce over the jacket, having the strands of caramelized onion falling everywhere, dollop over some yoghurt and sprinkle with extra basil.
Information provided in this article is not medical advice and you should consult with your healthcare practitioner. Australian Unity accepts no responsibility for the accuracy of any of the opinions, advice, representations or information contained in this publication. Readers should rely on their own advice and enquiries in making decisions affecting their own health, wellbeing or interest.