Raw carrot and coconut soup
Enjoy this healthy and delicious recipe from Janella Purcell’s latest cookbook, Janella’s Super Natural Foods.
- 750ml (3 cups) fresh carrot juice
- 1 young coconut, flesh removed
- 1 avocado
- Grated zest and juice of 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon unrefined salt
- Combine everything in your blender and blitz until smooth. Chill.
- If you would like to garnish the soup, add 1 teaspoon of grated fresh ginger and/or 1 tablespoon grated fresh turmeric – or finish with a drizzle of hemp, walnut, chia, coconut or flaxseed oil.
- Or, for a hit of protein, fibre and healthy omega oils, add 1 tablespoon each of hemp and chia seeds.
Information provided in this article is not medical advice and you should consult with your healthcare practitioner. Australian Unity accepts no responsibility for the accuracy of any of the opinions, advice, representations or information contained in this publication. Readers should rely on their own advice and enquiries in making decisions affecting their own health, wellbeing or interest.