Creamy paleo chicken pesto
Paleo Creamy Chicken Pesto (Pollo Cremoso)
- 2 tbsp olive/macadamia oil
- Chicken breast
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp of kale pesto
- 1 sweet potato, peeled grated
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup chicken stock
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 bunch fresh basil
- 2 kale leaves
- 1 tbsp pine nuts
- 1 garlic clove
- pinch of salt
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
- Combine ingredients for kale pesto in a blender or in a mortar and pestle and set aside.
- Add oil to frypan on medium-high heat and brown onion and garlic.
- Add 2 tbsp of kale pesto and stir before turning heat to low. Stir in coconut milk and stock then cover pan and allow sauce to simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Place chicken breast on lined baking tray, sprinkle with salt and drizzle a little oil before placing in the oven for 10-12 minutes. Remove and using two forks shred the meat so it is stringy and tender. If you have cooked it well enough this should occur quite easily.
- Add the grated sweet potato to the sauce, finish with a squeeze of lemon juice and fold through the shredded chicken before serving onto individual plates or bowls.
Information provided in this article is not medical advice and you should consult with your healthcare practitioner. Australian Unity accepts no responsibility for the accuracy of any of the opinions, advice, representations or information contained in this publication. Readers should rely on their own advice and enquiries in making decisions affecting their own health, wellbeing or interest.