Bircher muesli recipe
If you’ve not had bircher muesli before, this is a recipe that’s well worth trying. This delicious version is not only good for you, it's quick and easy to prepare.
Nutrition per serve: Protein 7.3g; Dietary fibre 12.9g; Fat (total) 3.4g; Fat (saturated) 1.3g; Energy 1301kJ; Carbohydrates (total) 89.4g.
ALLERGY INFORMATION: EGG FREE, NUT FREE, WHEAT FREE. CONTAINS DAIRY PRODUCTS AND GLUTEN.
- 1 cup of rolled oats
- 1 cup apple juice (no added sugar)
- 1 apple, unpeeled and grated
- 4 tablespoons natural yoghurt (no added sugar, choose a flavour such as honey or berry flavour)
- 1 cup of mixed berries (fresh or frozen)
- Mix the oats and apple juice until well combined, in a large container with a well-fitting lid.
- Place in the fridge and leave for at least 1 hour or until all the juice has been absorbed (preferably overnight).
- Just before you are ready to eat, grate the apple. Add the grated apple and yoghurt to the oat and juice mixture.
- Divide the muesli among two serving bowls. Top with berries, drizzle with honey and enjoy!