About the Fund
The Green Bond Fund invests in green, sustainable and social bonds with a primary aim of targeting investments that will contribute to lower carbon emissions. It is aligned with Australian Unity’s values to create positive impact.
Altius, our in-house Cash and Fixed Interest team, are the investment managers of the Green Bond Fund. Altius takes a diversified approach to cash and fixed interest funds management, combining both credit and duration strategies, and seeks to optimise returns for investors throughout all market conditions. Altius team’s depth and breadth of experience in fixed interest markets enables it to manage market risk and is focused on responsible investing to shape a positive future.
To achieve pre-fee returns in excess of the Bloomberg AusBond Composite 0+Yr Index plus 0.30 to 0.50% p.a. over rolling three-year periods.
- The Fund invests in a range of green, sustainable and social bonds from providers that conduct their business and apply capital responsibly, giving consideration to a range of Environmental Social & Governance (ESG) issues.
- The Fund invests in a broad range of fixed interest securities along with cash and similar investments. These may include direct or indirect international and domestic holdings of government, corporate and asset backed securities issued in Australian dollars or appropriately hedged.
- The investment manager may also use derivatives for portfolio positioning and for managing market risk.
- The Fund has the ability to borrow funds for day to day operational activities but does not use gearing in implementing portfolio positions.
- The Fund may gain exposure to specific assets by investing through other investment vehicles including those managed by a related entity.