The Lady Lamington Nurses’ Home was the first significant work in Queensland by celebrated architect Robin Smith Dods. A multi-million restoration will be undertaken to restore the building to its original use as accommodation for students and linking it through to the Lady Lamington Towers.
The Spanish Mission style Lady Lamington North and South Towers were constructed between 1936 and 1939 to provide additional housing for nursing staff working at the Royal Brisbane Hospital.
These buildings will be upgraded to provide student accommodation in the upper floors of the southern and northern towers, linked to further student accommodation in the adjoining Lady Lamington Nurses’ Home.
The Lady Norman building is a late Victorian L-shaped two-storey timber and brick hospital ward building, which was established in 1896 as an extension to the children’s hospital.
This building will be repurposed as a flexible workspace for health-related commercial uses.