Why join Australian Unity
10 top reasons to join
At Australian Unity we believe that good health cover is so much more than just providing you with excellent hospital and extras cover.
It also means giving you the help and support you need to be healthy all the time.
Benefits exclusively available to Australian Unity members include a range of services, innovative support tools and rewards to assist you to enjoy a healthier, happier future.
- You’ll also get over $450 in additional benefits for losing weight1, quitting smoking2 and getting a GP health check3.
- We make switching easy. Simply complete a Transfer Certificate Request form when you join and we will cancel your existing health insurance policy for you. We’ll also recognise the waiting periods you’ve already served when switching from another health fund to a similar level of cover.
- Extras cover means you can keep your teeth in good health with regular check-ups. Our No Gap Dental Network provides selected preventative dental services at no out-of-pocket cost to you.#
- Wellplan Rewards offers great savings on a range of health and lifestyle products and services.
- Fantastic financial benefits include a 4% discount when you pay your membership by direct debit*. You’ll also be eligible for a 10% discount on Australian Unity Home & Contents Insurance^, Travel Insurance+, and Car Insurance.~
- If you're single and earning over $84,000, or your combined family income is over $168,000p/a*, and you take out hospital cover, it’ll help reduce your tax.
- Make extra savings by excluding pregnancy cover, you can always include it later if you plan to have a baby.¤
- Already got kids? Well, until they’re 23, or 25 if they're studying or doing an apprenticeship, they can be covered under the family membership, at no extra cost.
- Get others to join Australian Unity hospital cover and we say thanks with a $100 gift voucher every time someone you've referred joinsß.
- Because there’s no two month general waiting period, you can claim immediately on many of the benefits5 we offer.
ß This offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other special offer. Terms and conditions apply view details here.
# Subject to yearly benefit limits.
* 4% discount on standard contribution rates is automatically applied when payment is made weekly or monthly by direct debit from your nominated bank, credit union or building society account or your credit card. Inclusive of all other retail discounts.
^ Home & Contents insurance issued by Calliden Insurance Ltd. Maximum discount limits apply.
+ Travel Insurance issued by CGU Insurance Ltd.
~ Car Insurance issued by CGU Insurance Ltd.
¤ A 12 month waiting period applies if previously uninsured for obstetrics benefits.
1. The $200 weight loss benefit is payable per person per calendar year to a lifetime maximum of $550. A certificate of goal achievement endorsed by the provider must be supplied at the time of claiming. Excludes Weight Watchers at home kits. Only payable through either Extras or Hospital cover, not both. Click here for more information.
2. Quit smoking benefit of up to $120 per person each calendar year is payable, with a lifetime limit of $240 per person. Only payable through either Extras or Hospital cover, not both. Click here for more information.
3. GP health check benefit of up to $150 per person per calendar year. Only payable when you are not entitled to receive a benefit from Medicare only and through either Extras or Hospital cover. Click here for more information.
4. The taxable threshold for families with one or no dependent children is $160,000 p.a. This threshold increases by $1,500 for each additional dependent child. There are various exemptions from having to pay the Medicare Levy Surcharge. View terms and conditions for more information
5. Australian Unity does not apply a general 2 month waiting period however other waiting periods may apply. View terms and conditions for more information.